Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When it rains, it pours like a mofo!

Man, what a week.

I got a job! Yay! It's in the administrative aspect of a geotechnical engineering firm. All my construction background was a huge plus for this one. I start Monday! That is the only good thing this week. Here is the rest:

Michael's job changes a bit (also on Monday). He'll be switching shifts until mid January from a Tues-Sat 8-4 to a Mon-Fri 1-9 with probable overtime. Ugh.

Logan is struggling again back at his regular school. I got a call today requesting me to pick him up due to his 'unruly" behavior but by the time I got the message & called back, he was better. This will be a long year indeed.

Then there is Kiana. Look what she did last night:

Dislocated elbow...

Starting to bruise...

Getting drugged up...
Pain will not stop Facebook...


We were in the emergency room last night from 8:45pm - 1:30am. This is the second time she's done this. The first time was 5 years ago and it was her other arm. Both were a result of a bad fall from cheer.

Now she cannot: 
  • Cheer 
  • Work 
  • Drive 
  • Take notes in her college classes

The no driving thing is going to be a major obstacle. She won't be able to get to school on her own or pick up Logan after school like we had planned. Since I am starting my new job, I really needed her to do that. Really needed her. I had not thought of a back-up plan & I don't think I can come up with one.

*sigh* 

Next week will be interesting to say the least. Very, very interesting.


2 comments:

  1. She will recover quickly. Holy cow! I'm not that tough.

    She can takes notes with her other hand!!! You ladies are fantastic multitaskers.

    Congrats on the new job. Breathe!!! It will come together.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job !

    Ohh poor kid...I can feel that pain right thru my monitor! Wishing her to be okay, asap!

    Hugs, Sunny

    ReplyDelete