Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time to Flourish

I have been holding onto the past so tightly that I haven't been able to embrace the present.

Yesterday was my wake up call.

Within hours of hearing my friend's husband's sudden passing, I read that another acquaintance was found dead as well. Both deaths are (assumed to be) from natural causes. They're my age... and that scares me.

No more will I let time pass me by.
No more will procrastination be my middle name.
No more will my kids go a day without getting a hug from me.
No more will the phrase, 'I'll do it tomorrow' be uttered from my lips.

Kiana's graduation: June 8, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Al,

    Oh My god they have grown up so much. I remember when she was doing the cheering thing and your little boy was REALLY little.

    I'm sorry to read about the deaths. I don't even know where to start with you in terms of what has happened in the last 5 years.

    I'm still the same family guy. I'm just getting older haole girl.

    Lovely pic by the way.

    BOOOO YAHHHH!!! glad you are back. Many of the old timers post at Keepconnectedlive. We have all scattered here and there.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, not a lot has changed. Kiana is still cheering, Logan still is Logan, and we're all getting a little older. Isn't it exciting? ;) Older & wiser... At least that is what I tell myself.

    I'm glad to see you are still the same rockin' haole self! I've missed ya bunches. It's a shame JS isn't what it used to be, but life goes on.

    Ronin & Nurse Ratchet are still as gorgeous as ever! All of you are for that matter. It seems time has stood still for your family. Lucky dog, you!

    I'm so glad to have found you again! Now on to search for more of the JS gang...

    Much aloha,
    Al

    ReplyDelete