School to him is like hearing nails on a chalkboard while watching Battlefield Earth: UTTERLY PAINFUL
He doesn't want to participate in any sport, hates recess, cannot eat lunch in the cafeteria, nor does he believe in homework. According to him, "Homework shouldn't exist, because you're supposed to do your work in school. Home is were you're supposed to play & be happy."
I can't argue that.
Without going into too many details, I will say that he does suffer from a few conditions that make his academic & social life... uncomfortable, to say the least, but we are doing our best to work through them. Last year he was suspended (off & on) so many times, yours truly had to 'home school' him for a total of 6 weeks. Difficult would have been an understatement. That was the most challenging time I've had in many moons. I now have a new respect for teachers. While I do have more patience than most people, it seems to fly out the window on an express plane when it comes time to teach someone who doesn't want to learn.
GOOD: We have successfully put one full day of 4th grade behind us.
BAD: Over 170 to go.
(breathe in... breathe out... repeat...)
![]() |
| Back when he was Batman |

Holy Cow!!! I remember that guy.
ReplyDeleteThere is no possible way I could ever top how cool that picture is. He is certainly Batman in the flesh!!!
I know you love him. Hard to argue with his logic about school....
I recall you all built a house and then you disappeared.
Can you fill a few gaps for me buddy?
Love,
Bobby